Now Recruiting for a Spring PR Intern
This post comes from INK alumna Adrienne Huebner.
**UPDATE: We are no longer actively recruiting for our spring internships. Feel free to email your cover letter and resume to Adrienne if you’d like to be considered for future internship opportunities.**
INK is looking for a PR Intern to join our team for the spring semester and work closely with our Assistant Account Executive on a variety of entry-level PR activities for several clients in the technology industry.
Regular assignments will include:
- Monitor industry news and client coverage
- Maintain coverage and awards databases
- Assist with client award submissions and speaking submissions
- Develop and update press lists
- Prepare launch release reports
- Contribute to the “Fresh INK” blog
- Assist with client social media efforts
- Participate in brainstorm sessions, client meetings and calls
These tasks are the bricks and mortar to our successful PR efforts. Show us that you have a handle on them, and we’ll encourage you to kick it up a notch. We have some ideas brewing, including a semester-long project that will liven up your portfolio.
- Strong writing and research skills
- Extremely organized with the to-do lists to prove it
- Thrive on independent work within a team atmosphere
- Interest in technology industry preferred
- PR internship experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with PR tools like Cision and Meltwater strongly preferred
- Available to work approximately 15 hours over at least 3 days per week throughout the spring semester
- Working toward a degree in PR, Journalism, Communications or related
- Enthusiastic, motivated and fun to be around
The PR Intern must be available to work approximately 15 hours per week throughout the spring semester, preferably over three days per week. Pay is $10/hour.
If you think you have what it takes to thrive in our office, submit a resume and cover letter to Adrienne Huebner at email@example.com. Please use “PR Intern” as your email subject. The deadline for submission is Sunday, December 16 at 11:59 P.M.