This Month at INK: April in Words and Photos
April is almost over, but it has certainly been an eventful month for INK. Check out all the new things and exciting changes that have taken place. We’ll start off with the most important thing – Me. Not only did I turn one year older, I also received a promotion. My Account Manager crown fits nicely, thanks. [Holding for applause.]
New faces. Say hi to our INK newbies, Caroline Pullen and Kristina Puerto. To make a quick introduction, we’ve asked Caroline (who has come our way from San Francisco) and Kristina (from St. Louis) to answer a couple of quick questions. You’ll likely hear more from them in their own blog posts coming up.
- 3 words/phrases to describe your first impressions of INK.
- Caroline: Down to earth. Good sense of humor. Feels like home.
- Kristina: Creative. Innovative. Colorful.
- Favorite fun/learning/PR/client moment that’s happened at INK so far.
- Caroline: Building Nikol and Jess’ desks with Starr on a Friday, ordering one of every single dessert on the menu at Perla’s and last Friday’s champagne at 4 p.m. on the back patio dangling our feet in the pool while hearing the latest about INK’s growth and plans.
- Kristina: Every day has been a learning experience, to be honest! Working with Wisegate and having the opportunity to be part of that account from the beginning has been especially eye opening.
- What are 3 things we should know about you that we don’t.
- Caroline: I love learning Spanish by listening to – and singing – Spanish pop music and watching movies (“Bajo la Misma Luna” and “Los Diarios de Motocicleta” are my favorite). I’m part Greek and part Italian, and my Greek side of the family often mirrors the movie, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” Which means I view food as love, am used to being around loud people and use Windex as a cure for all. (Kidding about the Windex part.) In the 2nd grade, I had to do a project on what I wanted to be when I grew up – I chose FBI agent.
- Kristina: I’m irrationally good at the game Skip-Bo. My favorite color is tiffany blue. I have a growing collection of sleeveless t-shirts.
Everyone wants a piece of INK. And we’re more than happy to share. We’re very excited about our amazing clients that have come on board this month:
- InReach – a company committed to bringing continuing professional education and training online.
- Mozido – a mobile platform that is mobilizing a better future.
- Wisegate – a company passionate about unlocking the potential of the collective expertise of IT’s top professionals.
As always, INK is already making it happen and putting our story-telling abilities, social media expertise and brand creativity to work.
Spring cleaning. Well there was some cleaning involved when we did some office moving. The INK office/home looks a little different now.
Big events. April was also an eventful month for our clients.
- The Bluetooth Special Interest Group hosted Bluetooth World, the premiere wireless event where we saw the Internet of Things connect.
- The University of Texas at Austin’s The Center for Identity hosted its annual ID360 conference, which explored this year’s theme of “Identity: Cradle to Grave” – how identity changes as a function of age for people, businesses and devices. Another client of ours, CSID, also presented on a panel at the event.
- The Gazelle Foundation hosted its spring fundraising event, Spring for the Water, that featured a silent auction and Gilbert Tuhabonye’s drumming skills!
Happy [Belated] April Fool’s: We work hard, but we also know how to have a little fun. So when one of our co-workers goes away for a week traveling and at events, we really miss them. We decided to surprise her upon her return.
Hope you also had a great April! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for May.