INK is crushing on…
From project management to curated groups of media targets and influencers to daily tasks to tackle, in the communications world we live in a whirlwind of ever changing lists. So for Valentine’s Day this year, we thought we’d do what we do best – make a list of the things that are currently BAE-status for INKers right now.
After years of being plagued by conference line issues, we’ve finally tracked down a reliable service that (gasp) we actually like. Zoom not only has a desktop feature that lets us instantly video conference with co-workers, it also has an outlook integration that automatically drops participation information into the body of calendar invitations.
Holy sandwich, local Austin lunch delivery service Lunchdrop has saved many of us at HQ from countless spirals of hangry doom. Each day, Lunchdrop features two Austin restaurants – you can order anything off the menu, and they conveniently bring it by the office around noon.
Namast-yay! One of the major perks at INK is a free weekly in-office (or sometimes outside of the office if the weather is nice) yoga class.
New Instagram fonts
Honestly might be the best thing to happen to social media this year. Thank you, Instagram, for recognizing that none of us are good at writing on screens with our fingers, and giving us the fonts that we didn’t know we needed, but now cannot live without.
Songpickr’s SXSW 2018 Playlist
SXSW, one of that nation’s coolest music festivals, is just around the corner is March. To prep for all of the very rad bands that will soon take over the city, we are listening to Songpickr’s SXSW 2018 Playlist. We’ve got some major music lovers on our roster at INK, and they’ve given this playlist their blessing.
Lately, morning chatter around the coffee machine has been centered around the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang. Currently big personality Adam Rippon, ray of sunshine Maame Biney, and young snowboard rock stars Chloe Kim and Red Gerard have our hearts.
Our resident master class baker, Paige Buescher, made a massive batch of flawless sugar cookies for INK’s new HQ grand opening party, and we’ve been requesting them ever since. Today, was no exception – look at these Valentine’s Day beauties!
Want to make them at home? Here is her secret recipe:
- 1 ½ cups of butter (softened)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar (add an extra ½ cup if you like sweeter cookies!)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla and then stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough on floured surface ¼ to ½ inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes (no longer than 8!). Cool completely before you start decorating!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- Mix egg whites and vanilla extract until frothy (no longer than a minute).
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until the frosting is shiny (about 7-10 minutes).
- If you want a thinner frosting, add warm water by the teaspoon until you get your desired consistency.
We are always on the hunt for new tools, services, and treats that make our processes simpler, faster, or more enjoyable. What are a few of your favorite things right now?