Are You INK's Next Account Manager?
This post comes from INK alumna Adrienne Huebner.
*UPDATE* We are no longer actively recruiting for this position. However, feel free to send us your resume and cover letter to be considered for future opportunities.
We are looking for a PR account manager with approximately six to seven years of experience in marketing and/or PR in the high tech industry. This person lives and breathes their clients’ industries, thrives on providing sound counsel and creative solutions, understands the dynamic media markets in which our clients play and how to tell a fresh, newsworthy story, demands excellence from a team and, at the same time, can have a beer with them at the end of the day. If you are our candidate, you love what you do and you could never see yourself doing anything else. You play well with others. You possibly have a war story that involves CES or Walt Mossberg; bonus points for both.Your friends know as much about your clients’ technology as you do, and they are still your friends. You are bored of social media talk and interested in social media results. You are respected by your team, your clients and the media, all at the same time. Are we asking too much? We don’t think so.
There is a lot of love at INK – for what we do, for the clients we work with and for each other. We’re still a relatively young (8 years) and small (you make 12) company with a growing reputation for personalized client service, top-notch media relations and PR, brand and social programs that exhibit the perfect blend of strategic counsel, creativity and common sense. We work hard – very hard – but we also value work/life balance and enjoy ourselves along the way. We’re looking for someone who can bring new insights, experience and relationships to the table. You will make an impact on INK and we will make an impact on you.
Job responsibilities would include:
- Management of multiple accounts and teams consisting of 2 – 5 people
- Day-to-day client relations as the main point of contact to provide strategic counsel, convey status, set expectations, manage budget, anticipate needs and adjust plans accordingly, and find solutions to problems
- Team management, utilizing team strengths and available time in a way that motivates and ensures excellence and results
- Media relations including setting media strategy, leveraging key media relationships and continuing to build new and top-tier ones
- Educates clients on social media tools and strategy; utilizes social media channels for effective campaigns
- Writing and editing of plans, messaging documents, pitches, press releases, blogs and bylines
- Maintains and demonstrates a deep understanding of clients and their industries; teaches others
- Manages account budgets and makes staffing recommendations
- Project manages branding campaigns involving outside creative services firms
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher with approximately 6-7 years of experience in marketing and/or PR in the high-tech field. Please send a cover letter highlighting your accomplishments and why you want to work at INK, resume, references and salary requirements to Adrienne Huebner (you can call me Adrienne) at firstname.lastname@example.org.